Dentistry is a broad and large medicinal branch. This includes a number of dental related studies, examinations, and treatments. Dentistry is properly managed by dental professionals called as dentists in connection with this. Dentists are dental surgeons who specialize in all types of oral disorders being treated and diagnosed. Most of these dental surgeons work with dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians and dental therapists to preserve the appearance and well-being of the individual’s teeth properly. Dentists essentially work with a variety of dental services and these are: 1. Bridging-is a form of dental reconstruction performed by skilled dentists. Bridging is typically used to replace a missing tooth which is why it is often clinically referred to as the partial fixed denture. dentistry
- Dental implants and dentures-is a type of dental service performed by a dentist called a parodontist. Dental implants are made up of artificial tooth which is directly attached to the person’s jaw. Implants are fixed and no longer reversible, unlike dentures. Dentures, on the other hand, are also artificial sets of teeth to replace a normal one. They’re made of plastic or metal.
- Invisalign-is a popular orthodontic procedure that uses technology to visualize 3D. They’re simple aligners that adults, teenagers and even children can use. The invisalign teeth aligners are used as an alternative to traditional dental braces in most instances.
- Crowns-are a form of dental treatment used to repair the patient’s teeth because of decay in the tooth. These are mounted directly onto the remaining part of the tooth to make it much stronger and to create a perfect form just like a natural tooth. A good dentist in emergency may do that for you.
- Oral prophylaxis-this kind of dental treatment includes polishing and scaling of the dentures. In addition, this method is also used by most dental practitioners to remove tartar particularly to hard-reached areas of the mouth that can not even be removed by dental flossing and brushing.
- Orthodontics-is a kind of dental treatment which can enhance a person’s oral health and smile. Through this therapy issues like crowded teeth, wrong jaw positions and jaw joint disorders can be catered properly.
- Fillings-are used by dentists to fill the gaps in a tooth created by deterioration of the tooth. Amalgam is one of the types of fillings done by a dentist; it consists of different types of metals including zinc, lead, mercury, silver and copper.
- Root Canal Treatment-or known as endodontics, is a dental treatment that focuses on the tooth centre. This procedure is basically conducted to remove all the pathogens that occur in the root canal system.
- Braces-are also a form of orthodontic treatment which can improve teeth aesthetics. These are made primarily from ceramic or plastic and metal. In addition, braces can be broken, so it can be properly cleaned and removed.
- 10. Teeth whitening-is a dental service that uses bleaching to make a much whiter tooth accessible to a person. Power whitening or laser whitening is one of the most common teeth whitening procedures today.